In order to help ensure that future medical professionals are trained and certified to provide Children’s and Adult Vision Screenings, Prevent Blindness Wisconsin provides trainings to students pursuing a career in the medical field!
We train, certify, and equip university students to provide both children’s and adult vision screenings. Prevent Blindness Wisconsin works with many nursing programs, in addition to Student Nursing Associations, Pre-Optometry Clubs, Pre-Med Clubs, and Pre-Health Clubs. This 3 year certification can be used on the student’s resume as they seek employment after school. The hands-on training provides students with a meaningful educational experience and a chance to practice their new skills.
Certified students are given the opportunity to practice their new skills through volunteer opportunities with Prevent Blindness Wisconsin or in their university’s clinic program. Some students are able to provide vision screening at childcare centers located within their own university!
• Cardinal Stritch University
• Concordia University
• Edgewood College
• Fox Valley Technical College
• Gateway Technical College
• Marian University
• Northeast Wisconsin Technical College – Marinette
• Marquette University
• Medical College of Wisconsin
• University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
• University of Wisconsin Madison
• University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
• University of Wisconsin Parkside
• Waukesha County Tech College
If you are interested in having a Prevent Blindness Wisconsin Certified Vision Screening Training at your college or university, contact Shelby LaTona, Community Health Manager, at [email protected] or (414)-765-0505.